Friday, August 27, 2010

Home grown



In case you didn't know, I have dreams of growing most all of my own food. We've had quite a few dinners this summer made entirely from our own vegAdd Imagegies and eggs...potato, bean, zucchini salad; last night was potato crusted quiche with sauteed kale and chard on the side. Yum! I wonder sometimes about the superfluousness of cooking it all into some extravagent feast that I spend an hour making and 5 minutes eating (if that, because I eat far too fast). Helen and Scott Nearing (read: The Good Life) just threw the veggies on the table whole instead of mixing them into a salad. Time and energy saved..and it's all the same to your stomach in the long run. Luna and I just harvested a few pounds of red potatoes, as well as the neverending piles of zucchini. I've had the misfortune of a virus in the garden this year which limited the number of pole beans and snap peas, as well as my tomatoes are rotting on the bottom. It's so disappointing. Gardening is pretty similar to life, you can do everything right, but fate still lends it's hand for the good or bad.
Don't ask why this picture is sideways..I'm too tired to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment