Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby...Luna is 2!

We celebrated Luna's 2nd birthday today with a small Elmo themed party. She is becoming such a little lady, full of energy and spunk (read: defiance). She is talking up a storm, with 3-4 word sentences and coming up with 3-5 new words a day. We celebrated today with a pancake brunch and Elmo cake. Gig made an Elmo bean bag toss board and I sewed up bean bags of Elmo, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch as party favors. At the last minute last night I whipped up birthday hats as well. Throughout the day today I've been thinking of what I was doing 2 years ago today. As I write this it's 2:45 pm, we would have just been heading to the hospital after having pushed unsuccessfully at home for over 3 hours. I was exhausted and had given up any plans of a home birth at that point when I couldn't handle the pain nor find the energy to push any more. The midwives had seen Luna's dark hair already but she was stuck. Imagine having to get dressed at that point and hop into a car! It took another 4 hours at the hospital until we welcomed her into this world around 7:20 pm. I didn't think about this as much last year on her 1st birthday. Maybe having another one due in 13 short weeks is stirring up some emotions (i.e. fear and excitement all in one).

No comments:

Post a Comment